Terms and Conditions
Booking & Payments
Charleston Sound recommends booking studio session dates a minimum of thirty (30) days in advance. A deposit for 50% of total time booked shall be required at time of booking before any session dates are guaranteed. Any cancellations or reschedules must be received no later than 72 hours before booked session date or deposit may be forfeited.
Client agrees to pay Studio the rate specified or quoted by Charleston Sound. Hourly sessions are billed as a minimum of one hour. Day rate or flat rate projects are are billed in each applicable increment. Charges do not include the cost of any additional media (CD, DVD, tapes, hard drives, etc.) including backup & archival media. If not already received, payment in full is required at the end of a session. No media or recordings will be released by Studio to Client until outstanding monies due are received.
The session clock begins at the scheduled session start time. In some cases, studio may accommodate early arrivals; session start clock will be adjusted to reflect actual start times.
Media & Storage
Studio does not guarantee everlasting backups of client data. Clients must purchase their own media storage and allow for backup or transfer cost to external media. Unless media is provided by client, the studio will use it’s own media for recording each session and will create internal backup/archival of media when deemed necessary by Studio. Studio reserves the right to erase session data one month after the end of each session. Client may purchase backup copies or a backup hard drive for an additional cost. Samples and other musical material that is copyrighted by a 3rd party or owned by Studio will not be included. Studio may not be held responsible for lost, damaged or destroyed session media.
Analog tape – Clients must purchase their own tape or purchase from studio. Tape that is owned by the studio and used for recording in a client session remains the property of the studio unless purchased by client.
- No smoking, alcohol, firearms or drugs allowed on premises at any time.
- No food or beverages allowed on or near equipment racks, recording gear, mixing board, or in control room (at Studio’s discretion).
- Loitering by individuals and guests of clients not directly involved in the session is discouraged.
- We promote a fun, creative and professional atmosphere. Disruptive individuals will be asked to leave the premises at Studio’s discretion.
- Client shall be held financially responsible for any damage to Studio’s equipment or facilities by Client or Client’s guests.
- Studio shall have final say on proper and safe methods of use for all of it’s equipment and facilities.
- Studio is not responsible for any of Client’s property that is left on the premises.
- Studio shall not be liable to Client for equipment downtime or delays caused by equipment failure beyond Studio’s Control.
- Any downtime as a result of Studio equipment failure or availability shall be re-scheduled to a time agreeable to Studio and Client.
- Client agrees to indemnify Studio and employees and hold harmless from any claims, costs, losses, detriments and expenses incurred by client.
- Client affirms that he/she is the rightful owner or assignee of material to be recorded/reproduced. Studio is not responsible for copyright violations, talent or creative royalties, mechanical reproduction licenses, or any other liabilities for such material or services.
- Studio makes no warranties or guarantees, expressed or implied, except those contained herein.
Album & Song Credits Policy
MIXING ENGINEER: For albums or songs mixed by a Charleston Sound Engineer: Credit for mix engineer shall be displayed on outside packaging and liner notes of all copies of any Record in which the Mix(es) is/are embodied on and shall read: “Mixed by (name of Charleston Sound Engineer(s) at Charleston Sound”
MIXING STUDIO: Credit for Mixing Studio shall be displayed in the liner notes of all copies of any Record in which the Mix(es) is/are embodied on and shall read: “Mixed at Charleston Sound, Mt. Pleasant SC”
RECORDING ENGINEER: For albums or songs recorded by a Charleston Sound Engineer: Credit for recording engineer shall be displayed in the liner notes of all copies of any Record in which the Master Recording(s) is/are embodied on and shall read: “Recorded by (name of Charleston Sound Engineer(s) at Charleston Sound”
RECORDING STUDIO: Credit for Recording Studio shall be displayed in the liner notes of all copies of any Record in which the Master Recording(s) is/are embodied on and shall read: “Recorded at Charleston Sound, Mt. Pleasant SC”